The Sixth Low Carbon City Development World Forum, also known as the Second Shenzhen International Low Carbon City Conference, will be held at the Shenzhen International Low-Carbon Town Convention & Exhibition Center, Pingdi, Longgang District, Shenzhen, China from June 10th to 11th, 2014.
The event is organized by the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) of China, the Shenzhen Municipal Government, and is undertaken by the Shenzhen Development and Reform Commission, the Shenzhen Longgang District Government and Shenzhen SEZ Const. & Devpt. Co., Ltd. The event is supported by the Academy of Microeconomic Research of NDRC, the World Alliance for Low Carbon Cities, the Shenzhen Institute of Building Research, and the China Shenzhen Emission Exchange.
The theme of this conference is “A Quality Path toward Urbanization”. The forum will consist of: an opening ceremony, the main conference, and parallel sessions. The main conference will include four tracks which address different aspects of the low-carbon path to improving city quality: “City Dialogue”, “Macro Dialogue”, “Industry Dialogue”, and “Think Tank Dialogue”. The forum’s parallel sessions will be focused on low-carbon finance, low-carbon policy, the low-carbon city, and low-carbon industry.
The forum will address topics crucial to the development of low-carbon urban environments. Among the topics addressed are the following highligts:
- China's Roadmap for Sustainable and Low-Carbon Cities
- SMART / ICT: Eco-innovation, City Planning, Transportation
- Clean Technologies
- Low-Carbon Urbanization: Developed nations and developing countries
- Business and Low-Carbon City Development
- Resources Bottleneck - Obstacles and Solutions
- Financing Low-Carbon Urbanization
The event will host over 1,000 leaders from government, industry, investors, academia, international organizations, business associations, and media from over 40 countries. Participants will gather in Shenzhen to collectively seek new knowledge, enlightenment, and business opportunities on low-carbon development in China’s urbanization process.
Confirmed participants include:
- Xie Zhenhua, Vice-Chairman, National Development and Reform Commission
- Xu Qin, Mayor of Shenzhen
- Graham Meadows, Special Advisor, European Commission
- Mariana Fay, Chief Economist, Sustainable Development Network, World Bank
- Travis Bradford, Director, Energy and Environment Concentration, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
- Larry Goulder, Shuzo Nishihara Professor of Environmental and Resource Economics, Stanford University
- Feng Lun, Chairman, Vantone Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Wang Shi, Chairman, China Vanke Co., Ltd.
- Liang Xinjun, Vice Chairman/ CEO, Fusun Group
- Wang Chuanfu, Chairman, BYD Group
- Jonathan Woetzel, Senior Director, McKinsey & Company
For more information regarding the forum, including: a list of participating organizations and institutions as well as an introduction to the key forum's key sessions, please see this introduction.
A preliminary agenda for the forum is also available here.
The forum is an invitation only event.
After the indication of your willingness to participate, we will send you the registration form and hotel booking form.