The highest management body of the World Alliance for Low Carbon Cities is its Board. The board ensures that the Alliance adheres to the principles and guidelines established in the Alliance’s Articles of Operation.
The role of the board will initially be to provide the support for the direction of the operational activities and also provide suggestions for new initiatives, either for research projects or commercial undertakings.
On 5th, October, 2016, the WALCC annual meeting selected the following persons as the board of the WALCC for the upcoming year, begining January 1st, 2017.
- KANG Feiyu, Dean of Tsinghua University Shenzhen Graduate School, Chairman of WALCC, Administrative Board member
- Johan Wallin, Managing Director of Synocus Group, co-vice-chairman of WALCC, Administrative Board member
- KONG Ying, Professor Tsinghua University, co-vice-chairman of WALCC, Administrative Board member
- ZENG Robin, CEO of ATL, Board member
- Hanna Uusitalo, Environmental Director at KONE, Administrative Board member
- MAO Daqing, CEO of Urwork (representing Vanke Group), Board member
- HUANG Yu, Tong Fang Company, Board member
- Pasi Mikkonen, Vice President Investments City Solutions, Fortum, Board member